Monday, December 15, 2008

Exercise - it's good for you

Our local fitness center had a special of 10% off for one day only and my best friend pressured me into joining. She goes there all the time and she wants me to go with her (not that I in any way need to get in shape. ha!). She took me around and showed me how to use the equipment and it felt good to do something that is good for me. I am kind of short and the machines there are made for taller people and I found one that the seat couldn't be adjusted and I could tell by looking at it that if I squeezed myself down into the seat that I would never be able to pull myself up to get out of it. I also could see that if I sat in the seat (as apposed to on the back of the seat as I was doing) I would not be able to reach to do the exercise that machine provided. I was very content siting on the back of the seat doing "curls" with the lightest weight they had. My friend though wasn't having any of it. She kept telling me to sit down. It went a little like this:

Her: sit down

Me: I can't

Her: sit down

Me: I can't

Her: sit down

Me: Ok, shit. I'll try.

Me: Uh, I can't reach.

Her: Get up

Me: I can't

Her: Get up

Me: I can't! Give me your hand. Help me out of here.

She is messing with something and not paying any attention to me.

Me: Give me your hand and help me out of here.

Still nothing.

Me: Damn. I'm going to have to fall to the side onto the floor to get out if you don't help me out of here.

Silence and no hand, she just stands there looking at me.

I said, Bitch! (with a huge grin, she is tall and in fantastic shape. Don't want to piss her off)

And then I rolled out of the seat and my head and shoulders are on the floor and my ass and legs are in the air and slowly sliding down to the floor. It's a good thing I have a good sense of humor or I would have never gone back again. Plus, I doubt that anyone was watching. I'm sure they are all so busy with their workout that they aren't paying any attention to the grey haired old lady stuck in the curling machine. I was so wrong. When I got on my feet and looked around I saw that everyone in the gym are laughing. Most are trying to be quiet about it but one very athletic woman is not shy about letting me know that this was the funniest thing she has seen in a long time. You are welcome. I do what I can to please. Sheesh.

I will pay her back. I don't know where I don't know when but I will pay her back!

No comments: